Southwest Idaho is all about exploring. That doesn’t stop when it snows.
If you’re looking for fun in the snow, then Southwest Idaho is the place for you. McCall, Idaho gets an average of 132 inches of snow a year! The snow starts in November and lasts until May – sometimes even into June! If you are looking for some great snow, look no further. Whether you want to find skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ice fishing, or just a little sledding, you need to take a trip. Head up HWY 55 to McCall or HWY 21 to Idaho City and find your bliss.
- Brundage Mountain – McCall, Idaho
If you are looking for a one stop shop for all things snow look no further than Brundage Mountain.
Learn more about Brundage
- Tamarack Resort – Tamarack, Idaho
- Bogus Basin – Boise, Idaho
- Little Ski Hill – McCall, Idaho
- McCall Area
Check out the snowmobiling area map here.
- Pine-Featherville Area – Mountain Home, Idaho
- Lake Cascade Recreation Area – Cascade, Idaho
- The Idaho State Snowmobile Association
Visit their website for a full list of all snowmobiling businesses in Idaho.
- Lake Cascade State Park – Cascade, Idaho
- Warm Lake – Cascade, Idaho
- Horsethief Reservoir – Cascade, Idaho
Gold Fork Hot Springs
Southwest Idaho has some of the best natural warm springs in the world. You haven’t experienced winter until you are in the mountains surrounded by snow… in a swimming suit. There are so many to choose from, but here are our favorites:
- The Springs – Idaho City, Idaho
- Gold Fork Hot Springs – Donnelly, Idaho
- Roystone Hot Springs – Sweet, Idaho
- Givens Hot Springs – Melba, Idaho
Snow Time Events
Winter Garden Aglow at the Boise Botanical Garden
Do you want to visit a cozy mountain town for one of the best winter festivals in America? Do you want to see a garden glow (not just grow)? Southwest Idaho knows how to have a good time.
- Winter Garden aGlow – Boise, Idaho
November 23, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Join us at the Idaho Botanical Garden and see our dazzling display of over 300,000 sparkling lights artfully displayed throughout the holiday season.
- McCall Winter Carnival – McCall, Idaho
January 26, 2018 – February 4, 2018
Enjoy the famous snow sculptures, torchlight and Mardi Gras Parades. Plus, live music and daily events spanning everything from comedy shows to art auctions to the Monster Dog Pull and much more!
Click here for full event schedule
- Winter Wonderland – Caldwell, Idaho
November 17, 2017 – January 15, 2018
To kick off the holiday season the city of Caldwell will use almost 600,000 lights to decorate the historic downtown! Not to mention the additional 35,000 lights they use to construct a tunnel feature along Indian Creek. Don’t miss out on this spectacular free light show.