Southwest Idaho is all about exploring. That doesn’t stop when it snows.
If you’re looking for fun in the snow, then Southwest Idaho is the place for you. McCall, Idaho gets an average of 132 inches of snow a year! The snow starts in November and lasts until May – sometimes even into June! If you are looking for some great snow, look no further. Whether you want to find skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ice fishing, or just a little sledding, you need to take a trip. Head up HWY 55 to McCall or HWY 21 to Idaho City and find your bliss.
- Brundage Mountain – McCall, Idaho
With 320 inches of snow a year and over 18,000 acres of backcountry terrain, Brundage is full of winter adventure.
Learn more about Brundage
- Tamarack Resort – Tamarack, Idaho
Escape to the rugged alpine wilderness of Idaho’s Central Mountains, surrounded by fresh powder and stunning views.
Learn more about Tamarack
- Bogus Basin – Boise, Idaho
Located in Boise’s backyard, Bogus Basin offers unparalleled views of the city as visitors race down the slopes.
Learn more about Bogus Basin
- Little Ski Hill – McCall, Idaho
Download Our Free Snowmobile Map
SW Idaho Snowmobile Map
- McCall Area
Check out the snowmobiling area map here.
- Snowmobile Idaho – Cambridge, Idaho
- Pine-Featherville Area – Mountain Home, Idaho
- Lake Cascade Recreation Area – Cascade, Idaho
- The Idaho State Snowmobile Association
Visit their website for a full list of all snowmobiling businesses in Idaho.
- Lake Cascade State Park – Cascade, Idaho
- Warm Lake – Cascade, Idaho
- Horsethief Reservoir – Cascade, Idaho
Download Our Free Hot Springs Guide
Steamy Mountain Getaways
Gold Fork Hot Springs
Southwest Idaho has some of the best natural warm springs in the world. You haven’t experienced winter until you are in the mountains surrounded by snow… in a swimming suit. There are so many to choose from, but here are our favorites:
- The Springs – Idaho City, Idaho
- Gold Fork Hot Springs – Donnelly, Idaho
- Roystone Hot Springs – Sweet, Idaho
- Givens Hot Springs – Melba, Idaho
Snow Time Events
Winter Garden Aglow at the Boise Botanical Garden
Do you want to visit a cozy mountain town for one of the best winter festivals in America? Do you want to see a garden glow (not just grow)? Southwest Idaho knows how to have a good time.
- Winter Garden aGlow – Boise, Idaho
Late November through early January
Join us at the Idaho Botanical Garden and see our dazzling display of over 300,000 sparkling lights artfully displayed throughout the holiday season.
- McCall Winter Carnival – McCall, Idaho
Enjoy the famous snow sculptures, torchlight and Mardi Gras Parades. Plus, live music and daily events spanning everything from comedy shows to art auctions to the Monster Dog Pull and much more!
Click here for full event schedule
- Winter Wonderland – Caldwell, Idaho
Mid-November through mid-January
To kick off the holiday season the city of Caldwell will use over 1,000,000 lights to decorate the historic downtown! Not to mention the additional 35,000 lights they use to construct a tunnel feature along Indian Creek. Don’t miss out on this spectacular free light show.